This policy applies to all personal data in any format, collected, maintained, used or otherwise processed by NUSTAR.
Why is Your Data Being Collected
Generally, we collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To complete your service request and purchase transaction;
- To respond to your queries or proposals;
- To handle complaints;
- To maintain the security of our premises, projects, and events;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations issued by government and regulatory bodies;
- To maintain records of your gaming transactions;
- To improve our products and services; and
- To provide updates on products, services, regulations, events, programs, and promotions.
How Data is Being Collected
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Purchase our products or use our services;
- Visit our website (nustar.ph) or other digital/social media accounts;
- Contact us through various methods such as application forms, e-mails and letters, telephone calls and conversations;
- Visit our facilities, offices, projects, and events;
- Participate in customer surveys or when you sign up for any of our promotions;
- We receive endorsements from your agents and business partners.
- Sign-up for NUSTAR Rewards Club Membership
What Data is Collected
The personal information which may be collected include the following:
- Your name, birth date, email address, home address, contact number, nationality, and identifying documents such as passports and any government issued ID;
- Payment and transactional information;
- Information relating to your rewards membership that we are affiliated with;
- Information about your flight arrival and departure, stay and room type preferences, and services requested by you and provided by us;
- Aggregated information wherein personal information is automatically collected such as IP addresses, website use, and website traffic data.
How Long is Your Data Retained
Subject to applicable requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), we will retain your personal data for us as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
How Your Data May be Shared
NUSTAR may share the information you provide with our subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies. Such shared information shall only be used for promotion, marketing communications and campaigns about their goods or services.
Except as provided above, NUSTAR will not sell nor rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. NUSTAR will only share your personal information to others when:
- It is necessary in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal processes;
- We comply with existing government and regulatory agency requirements; or
- We find that your actions violate any of our Resort Operations’ Terms and Conditions, or our hotel policies for specific products and or services.
How We Protect Your Data
We have put in place physical, technical, and organizational measures to ensure security and confidentiality of your personal data. Access is limited to authorized employees, business and service partners who are fully-trained and authorized in handling your information.
Rights of the Data Subject
NUSTAR acknowledges your rights as data subject under the DPA. You are entitled to exercise the following rights, if applicable:
- Right to be informed;
- Right to reasonable access
- Right to object;
- Right to erasure or blocking;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint; and
- Right to be indemnified.
NUSTAR through the Data Protection Office will ensure that your rights are strictly respected.”
We may amend this policy from time to time to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Any updates or changes will be posted on our official website.
Contact Information – Data Protection Office
DATA PROTECTION OFFICE – UNIVERSAL HOTELS AND RESORTS INC.
37/F ROBINSONS CYBERSCAPE GAMMA, TOPAZ AND RUBY ROADS, 1605 PASIG CITY, PHILIPPINES
Email Address: [email protected]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information transmitted through this mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, disclosure, dissemination, retention, downloading or use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and will subject the person who intentionally or unintentionally forwarded confidential / privileged material to possible administrative, civil and criminal prosecution. To be included as confidential / privileged material are email conversations / threads/ discussions of or among company officers, officials, directors and managers on matters involving company interests / concerns / issues. Please notify the sender, immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.